Friday, December 30, 2011

Year End Update

Hey, it's the end of the year, and that means it's the end of the month, and that means it's time for a 101 list update!

Completed this 2 weeks:
Get a 3.5 GPA for a semester (Actually, I surpassed this with a 3.8!)
Purchase a learn Hebrew book
And I remembered I'd actually gone a week without fast food at camp, so that's done too and marked off this week!

Progress this 2 weeks:
Read to Pray As a Jew
Watch 26 movies one for each letter
complete a coloring book - I bought a new one - this one of the Hebrew alphabet. :p
Take Taste of Judaism class - I signed up - it's three Tuesday evenings in January/ February
Find 10 beers I like and figure out similarities between them so I can guess at new beers
Find 10 wines I like and figure out similarities between them so I can guess at new wines
Get rid of 100 things - mostly this has meant selling books.

Since Sunday is my one year anniversary on this project, and the rest of the things on the list seem to require a bit more thought and planning... here's a new section: Things I should work on immediately:

Authorize for combat archery - I need to authorize to fight first, and to do that... well that's a whole 'nother goal.
Sew something without help - I need to accomplish goal: learn to set up my sewing machine first.
Warp loom without help - First I need supplies: string and cards. So this two weeks, I will either find or purchase these two supplies.
Learn Pysanky - I will look up patterns and supplies this two weeks
Learn the Hebrew printed alphabet - two letters a week gets me this in a relatively short time frame, especially considering i already know a few letters.

Have garb appropriate to 13th century ukraine - I will read the book I bought about this, and figure out what would be appropriate.
Read To Pray as a Jew - Just keep reading
Complete puzzle book - one a week should do it

Pass my student teaching - this one kind of automatically starts in January.
complete a sudoku book - figure out how many puzzles I have to do a week in order to do this.
Complete a crossword book - same
Authorize for heavy fighting - restrap my shield

Learn to set up my own sewing machine - Requires finding someone who knows how to set up my sewing machine I suppose.
Read a children's book in Hebrew - after learning the alphabet, and some words, obviously!
Make something out of wood - i keep hoping they'll offer another chair making class at an event I'm going to!
Take a train somewhere - delayed
Go rafting - look up school trips and prices
Learn the Hebrew handwritten alphabet - after learning the printed one
Watch 26 movies - one for each letter - Watch one new movie a week, this will be done in 6 weeks.
Complete a coloring book - do the Hebrew one along with how I'm learning the letters
Bake cupcakes - bring to SCA event that I'm supposed to bring a dessert to. I've forgotten which. :p
See an off broadway production - find schedules for theaters
Try a new recipe every month for a year - guess I'd better start this one.

Take Taste of Judaism class - easy enough
Take Derech Torah class - just gotta pay and sign up
Spend a day at the beach - will have to wait until summer!
Finish the book about me - figure out how much I have to do in a week
Work on Habitat House - keep reading synagogue bulletins for info on this
Talk to the Rabbi about conversion - repeat if necessary - get up some damned nerve! His office hours are Tuesdays... I should be able to make it the 10th.
make a hippocras - on hold
Visit an amusement park - spring might be a better time for this!
Read a Children's book in Russian - on hold
Go to a zoo - February
Open a cookbook to a random page and make it - providing no one is allergic to it - why not I can do this.
Make a pie on pi day - obviously has to wait until 3/14
Eat Vegetarian for a month - I think I'll schedule this for March
Eat Kosher for a month - I think I'll schedule this for April
Unpack from camp and return mom's suitcase - I should be able to do this this two weeks.
Make one good thing a day my facebook status for a month - OK This is A January Project!
Find 10 beers I like and figure out similarities between them so I can guess at new beers - Need to write up the beers I already know I like.
Find 10 wines I like and figure out similarities between them so I can guess at new wines - Same

Make a new 101 list - obviously this goes at the end of the list!
Get rid of 100 things - start by working on the garage!
Clean my spot in the garage - work on this this month
Get a degree from RUM - Go to some SCA events and see when/if classes are even offered :p
Scan SAS photo albums - one country a week gets this done in 10 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment